Hello and welcome back to DAMGoodcooking.com
I get a ton of emails asking why I never do more Vegetarian style recipes. I guess since I’m not a Vegetarian I don’t really cater much to those. This is DAMGoodCooking.com not DAMGoodSalads.com – Every once in awhile you will stumble across a post here at DGC that contain nothing but pasta or vegetables, but I’m a meat eater!
So for all the VEGANS out there, this one is for you!
Ingredients and Directions below
- 1 1/3
- cups frozen sausage-style soy-protein crumbles
- cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- cup coarsely chopped onion (1 medium)
- can (18.5 oz) Progresso™ Light Italian-style vegetable soup
- cup uncooked bow-tie (farfalle) pasta (2 oz)
- cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- cup shredded mozzarella or Parmesan cheese (1 oz)
- 1 In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook soy crumbles, mushrooms and onion over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until crumbles are hot and vegetables are tender.
- 2 Stir in soup. Cover; heat to boiling. Stir in pasta; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- 3 Add spinach; cook uncovered 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until spinach is hot and just begins to wilt. Sprinkle with cheese.