“This is potato salad the old-fashioned way, with eggs, celery and relish. It’s really good to serve with chili.”
- 5 potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool, peel and chop.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery, onion, relish, garlic salt, celery salt, mustard, pepper and mayonnaise. Mix together well and refrigerate until chilled.
[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Old Fashioned Potato Salad – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]