DIY: Homemade Mint Chip Ice Cream!
WOW! I love Mint Chip, so this is something I will definitely try! Check out this recipe!
- 2cups nonfat milk or 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2cups heavy cream
- 1cup sugar
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, stir together the milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and peppermint extract until the sugar has dissolved.
- Color to your liking with the green food coloring.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- About 10 minutes into the freezing, add the chocolate chips.
- About 30 minutes later, after the ice cream has thickened, spoon into a container and freeze for 2 hours.