Hello folks and welcome back to http://DAMGoodCooking.com
Today I have a great recipe for you – Crispy Baked Herb Chicken and Potatoes. Well you know the turkey recipe and turkey left overs are coming soon, I have some really awesome turkey leftover recipes that I can’t wait to share with you.
Here is what you will need for this recipe.
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs (I am using Basil and Oregano)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- chicken thighs, bone in
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 3 to 4 whole garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- More salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat you oven to 375 Degrees.
2. Clean and season chicken with salt and set aside.
3. Grab a bowl and mix together the vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, herbs, salt and pepper.
4. Spread a teaspoon of olive oil over the bottom of a large casserole dish. Layer the bottom of the dish with the sliced potatoes and onions. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
5. Now place your chicken, skin side up – on top of the potatoes and onions and wedge the garlic between the chicken. Add the vinaigrette sauce to the dish. Distribute the sauce all over the chicken making sure each piece is well coated.
6. Bake uncovered in oven for 1 hour at 375 degrees, or until the thighs are well browned and cooked through. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.